FIFA 15 News, Information & Discussion

News from the FIFA gaming world, discussions from the posts on FIFASoccerBlog.com, and general FIFA forum.

Re: FIFA 15 News, Information & Discussion

Postby hugh17 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:20 am

Online gameplay is shocking,when compared to the offline it feels like two different games. It is impossible to be consistently good as the game makes the defense AI make random mad decisions,

Every game I dominate and have around 60% possession and at least 5 shots on target and a pass accuracy of around 85%. On a consistent basis my opponent will have around 30% possession a pass completion rate of under 70% aswell as less shots on target. Despite this however the one chance they do get they always seem to score, I could live with this if this wasn't every SINGLE game. I don't know of any occasion when IRL where a team does this every match, over time they should get results based on the fact that they have better stats?

Just like FIFA14 Head to Head seasons all over again, :(
"You giving me batty chirps bro?You calling me a whammer?"
hugh17
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Peruzzi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:02 pm

Really enjoying it so far, passing is much crisper, the motion of the players is brilliant, love it.

The only thing so far that is annoying me is the opposition AI, they dont pass enough. Every player holds on to the ball too much, tries to dribble past you to turns away from you, instead of passing it on like they would in real life. My only gripe so far.
Peruzzi
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Montero17 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:17 pm

Peruzzi wrote:Really enjoying it so far, passing is much crisper, the motion of the players is brilliant, love it.

The only thing so far that is annoying me is the opposition AI, they dont pass enough. Every player holds on to the ball too much, tries to dribble past you to turns away from you, instead of passing it on like they would in real life. My only gripe so far.

Maradona syndrome...

I bought the game but frankly i only played a couple of games(i played more the demo than the retail version).

It's just so damn identical to FIFA 14 NG after the patch...carrer mode as nothing new also...

Im still on the fence if i should sell the game.
Montero17
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Peruzzi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Each to their own, but I think a lot of people are expecting too much, expecting lots of changes from FIFA 14 NG, which was never going to happen. This is FIFA, it never changes much year from year, and personally I think its foolish to expect otherwise.
Peruzzi
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Montero17 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Peruzzi wrote:Each to their own, but I think a lot of people are expecting too much, expecting lots of changes from FIFA 14 NG, which was never going to happen. This is FIFA, it never changes much year from year, and personally I think its foolish to expect otherwise.

The demo of FIfa 15 is nothing like the retail game.

Some people didn't like the evolution presented in the demo, iv'e read "it didn't play like FIFA".

Yet that demo was a really nice evolution of FIFA 14 ng, and the right path for the series.EA solution to please the large majority(but not everyone...) port FIFA 14 NG to FIFA 15.

Now the game plays exactly like FIFA 14 ng, and the FIFA 15 demo is a long memory

EA treated people like morons, and it's shame the majority of the people didn't noticed this.It was really dishonest from their part.
I liked FIFA 14 Ng (my favourite FIFA ever), but i was expecting to play the FIFA 15 that was represented in the demo(plus some fixes on the AI)not playing FIFA 14 Ng part 2 again.

ps : If Konami had done this it would be hell on earth...and quiet justifiable i must ad.
Montero17
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Peruzzi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:07 pm

Can you elaborate on what makes you think this game is the same as 14, with examples?

Because I must be playing a different game to you, cos im not getting the sensation that its identical, there are definite improvements.
Peruzzi
Pundit
Pundit

Postby hugh17 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:08 pm

Anyone found a way to play decent football online and actually win?
hugh17
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dave » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:08 pm

hugh17 wrote:Anyone found a way to play decent football online and actually win?

No afraid not man. This game ONLY rewards and caters for the following players:

Kid Sprint Merchants who love just running at defences, gettting past them and scoring a cheap goal each time... combine that with Power Players who can just BARGE SLIDE and FOUL their way through matches and you have FIFA 15 online to a tee! (PS4). EA have FUCKED it up!
http://www.youtube.com/user/DaveDoc1984 Check out my gaming related YouTube channel. Retro and modern day gaming and light hearted reviews!
Dave
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: Plan DJD
PSN: TheDJDaveDoc

Heading!

Postby Madmaz116 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:59 pm

Is it just me? ..I mean every time i cross a ball into the box the CPU always clears the ball...always!....and it always clears from corners...or am I doing something wrong? So frustrating...wasnt that bad in 14.
Madmaz116

Postby Jim Lahey » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:38 pm

I loved this game on Day One. I was blown away by the depth of content. I enjoyed Career mode, for a week or so.

Then I took it online. Played around 10 matches altogether. Good Lord what a mess. Took it straight back to the shops and sold the damn thing.

I grew up playing PES but got fed up with the series as I feel it was terrible between PES 2007 and PES 2014. So I played FIFA for a good few years and enjoyed it on a whole (it will never be up there with the PES games of old though).

But I feel EA are tying to be too clever with the Tactical Defending. It doesn't work. It's not realistic as the emphasis in FIFA is about attacking, therefore, the TD doesn't work. It's awful - opposition attacking players only have to run at my defenders and GOAL every time.

A let down for me. A shame, because FIFA 15 has a lot going for it.
Jim Lahey

Re: Heading!

Postby hugh17 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Madmaz116 wrote:Is it just me? ..I mean every time i cross a ball into the box the CPU always clears the ball...always!....and it always clears from corners...or am I doing something wrong? So frustrating...wasnt that bad in 14.

Yeah i haven't scored from a corner against the CPU yet, I think its because when EA recognise that headers were OP last year they dramtically reduce them so people who play the game for an hour when reviewing it can say that it is fixed, when actually it's now MORE broken. Typical EA
hugh17
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bravez » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:36 pm

The game is grating on me already, quicker than FIFA 14 NG did. The CPU AI is beyond frustrating and defending mechanics are a mess. I'll persevere to see if i can crack them but at the moment I play one game and it's off again.
FOX me.
Bravez
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: King Bravez
PSN: BRAVEZ

Postby Madmaz116 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:41 am

Bravez wrote:The game is grating on me already, quicker than FIFA 14 NG did. The CPU AI is beyond frustrating and defending mechanics are a mess. I'll persevere to see if i can crack them but at the moment I play one game and it's off again.

I totally agree, I mean im not the best player in the world I play on professional , but the Ai is so much more frustrating than in 14. I think for me anyway 14 pro level was just right. Ive tried on semi pro and turning off some of the assists etc but its too easy on semi pro, and pro for me in 15 is very difficult.
Madmaz116

Postby Bravez » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Madmaz116 wrote:
Bravez wrote:The game is grating on me already, quicker than FIFA 14 NG did. The CPU AI is beyond frustrating and defending mechanics are a mess. I'll persevere to see if i can crack them but at the moment I play one game and it's off again.

I totally agree, I mean im not the best player in the world I play on professional , but the Ai is so much more frustrating than in 14. I think for me anyway 14 pro level was just right. Ive tried on semi pro and turning off some of the assists etc but its too easy on semi pro, and pro for me in 15 is very difficult.

I think the game has been saved for me by the sliders posted in WENB. I will test tonight to confirm and then put the link in here too. They're originally from a guy over at evo-web.
FOX me.
Bravez
Pundit
Pundit

Postby onebeloo » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:00 pm

human vs human on manual settings is fantastic. i'm loving it
onebeloo
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bravez » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:39 pm

so these are the sliders I'm using. They guy has saved the game for me, so much less frustrating now. http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthr ... 934&page=6
FOX me.
Bravez
Pundit
Pundit

Postby pesman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:14 pm

i put my sliders on evoweb under bm name depesser.(not sure if bm bravez used these)

these are good after fifa update 1.3 as it changed gameplay.
on profesional needs some more challenge so some user handicap,cpu boost.

ps4,standard settings,slow speed,profesional,10 minute games
(played fifa 14 seasons on ps4 ,and max division i got was division 5,mostly in division 6,so this is the level you can expect to remain challenging ,but not frustrating,unlike online gaming.

sprint speed :25/25
acceleration: 48/48
shot error : 60/50
pass error : 60/32
shot speed : 38/38
pass speed : 38/38
inj freq : 65/65
inj sev : 25/25
gk ability : 50/50
marking : 55/55
run freq : 50/50
line height : 42/42
line length : 42/42
line width : 32/32
fb pos : 50/50
powerbar user: 44
first touch c : 90/50
pesman

Postby Bravez » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:37 pm

pesman wrote:i put my sliders on evoweb under bm name depesser.(not sure if bm bravez used these)

these are good after fifa update 1.3 as it changed gameplay.
on profesional needs some more challenge so some user handicap,cpu boost.

ps4,standard settings,slow speed,profesional,10 minute games
(played fifa 14 seasons on ps4 ,and max division i got was division 5,mostly in division 6,so this is the level you can expect to remain challenging ,but not frustrating,unlike online gaming.

sprint speed :25/25
acceleration: 48/48
shot error : 60/50
pass error : 60/32
shot speed : 38/38
pass speed : 38/38
inj freq : 65/65
inj sev : 25/25
gk ability : 50/50
marking : 55/55
run freq : 50/50
line height : 42/42
line length : 42/42
line width : 32/32
fb pos : 50/50
powerbar user: 44
first touch c : 90/50

Thanks, I'll check these out later.
FOX me.
Bravez
Pundit
Pundit

Postby pesman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:24 pm

no probs,let me know how you find them.
they are challenging enough for me as they are.
to make less difficult user shot error can be decreased to 55 or even 50.
user pass error decreased to 55,50 or 32(this stat i took from evowebs bm fernadez,cpu pass error under 35 gives more variation in there passing).
or user first touch error to 70 or 50.
what i like most about these sliders is defending is working end rewarding .
pesman

Postby Bravez » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:59 pm

I've had 2 games with your slider and both were amazing. The only problems I have is my players feel a little sluggish, passing maybe a tiny bit slow and both games the oppo ad 90+ pass accuracy.

The first 2 issues may just be me getting used to it, overall it was brilliant.

Thanks dude.
FOX me.
Bravez
Pundit
Pundit

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA News / Discussion