The FSB FIFA 12 Bugs/Glitches Thread

News from the FIFA gaming world, discussions from the posts on FIFASoccerBlog.com, and general FIFA forum.

The FSB FIFA 12 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Postby Nanny » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:32 am

I know a few of you have been having a few problems, so put them up in here and someone will take a look at them.

Only one ive had so far is in CM i got no injuries from the start of the season till December when i got fired because my contract said "must win the league" and at December i was 3 points from top? What did i need to do not to get fired?
Follow my Twitter: http://twitter.com/FSB_Nanny
Join FSB Facebook page: http://bit.ly/999O31
Nanny
International
International

PSN: Nanny_22

Re: The FSB FIFA 11 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Postby bealsy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:59 am

Custom chants - plays random chants for the team you are playing against. Which is a pain in the * as I don't want to hear "YIDDOS YIDDOS YIDDOS" when I'm playing Barca v Real :(
bealsy

Postby Schumi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:14 am

A major bug.

When I substituted a player (2 at once) one of the player who came on, was invisible!!!! Only the triangle thingy when he had the ball was showing. So it was like playing with a ghost. Pretty weird! It was he wasn't there, but sometimes he'd get the ball and then it was a matter of just playing through to a teammate.

Also the game crashed a couple of times. Just freezes and nothing you can do. (in MM)
Schumi
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: SCHUMIWC

Postby sebbex2x » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Schumi wrote:A major bug.

When I substituted a player (2 at once) one of the player who came on, was invisible!!!! Only the triangle thingy when he had the ball was showing. So it was like playing with a ghost. Pretty weird! It was he wasn't there, but sometimes he'd get the ball and then it was a matter of just playing through to a teammate.

Also the game crashed a couple of times. Just freezes and nothing you can do. (in MM)

That's like in 10 when you played in the arena. The player could be invisible at times.
sebbex2x
Ballboy
Ballboy

Gamertag: xsebbex2x

Postby AndyWolves » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:35 pm

I've noticed a glitch with the handballs whereby you could be hacked down by opposing player and as my player was on his way down to the floor his hands came in contact with the ball and therefore handball given!! WTF! Not sure if this one is a glitch or just bad implementation by EA but have downloaded some entrance tunes and you can barely hear them even though I changed the volume adjustment to nearly 100% on iTunes before importing to CD. There must be a way EA can implement a update to make thus better. They should take note from NHL 10 where it works great.
AndyWolves

Postby flcinusa » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:31 pm

I've had a few instances of handball outside the box but as the player had one foot in the box a penalty was given, I've also seen goalies dive and pick up the ball outside the box and nothing happens at all

I also get the freezing bug in offline games, this is on a PS3 Slim
flcinusa
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: flcinusa

Postby LeoElSol » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:25 am

1. I have a weird little glitch. Is it just me? Of at least 50% of the games I play online, the players I have on the positions LW/RW or LM/RM are not accurate. For example, if I play with Chelsea and have Malouda as LM and Zhirkov as RM, in the match itself they are positioned the other way around - in this case Malouda as RM and Zhirkov as LM. (!!) or Barcelona with Pedro as LW and Messi as RW... same thing there, on the pitch it's not accurate, it has Pedro as my RW and Messi as LW. I also had this problem between a LAM and RAM on midfield. Don't think I've had this problem with any LB/LWB or RB/RWB though. And some times it works just fine.

2. Formation edit – a real bugfest. Player roles disappearing, I even had a CAM chosen and I was trying to position him as CM instead ... it didn't let me. The only options I had were SW (Sweeper) and the same CAM. (!) All in all trying to make your own formation and positioning your players in the format edit screen is buggy.
Let's say I have an RCM right next to a CM... they have different roles, yet I have to place them so that one player does NOT touch the other player's position (the highlighted area of each position that is). I get the warning "Two players can not occupy the same position" all the freaking time... even though they are not! It is quite the distance between them, but this error forces me to separate them even further, making it ridicilous to try and edit each position since it results in a error and limits me quite a lot. Which is not the point with a formation edit. It makes you cancel your action on the first player, then move another player so you CAN move the first player you originally wanted to move. (If that made sense). It was the hardest when trying to create a 3-5-2 formation. LM-LCM-CM-RCM-RM. I managed once, but then when I tried to edit the positions I accidentally changed the role of my CM to CDM - I could not change it back after that. When trying to change the role of my CDM back to CM, all the options I had were: CDM, LDM, RDM... and CDM again! What the hell...

Has anyone of you guys run into these glitches?
LeoElSol

Postby willgask » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:17 pm

I suffer from the stutter, freezing issue. Happens at least once a game now. Sometimes 3-4 times. Lasts for a couple of seconds and then the game resumes.

It appears to be just random. It did happen every now and then in fifa 10 and in the 11 demo and now its so frustrating. It does not happen on any other game. I'm playing on a 120GB PS3 Slim.

Here's a video of someone suffering same problem, to give you an idea of what i mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QanUWbthyoY

I've just ordered a replacement HDD because I heard using a different make of Harddrive i.e samsung may solve the issue.

Will keep you updated once i've got mine installed.
willgask

Postby gunnergarcia » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Has there been any instances of bugs in the career mode yet? Last year was a hot mess and I'd like to know if EA have made it a better experience than last year before I take the plunge and buy FIFA 11.
gunnergarcia

Postby zamson » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:52 pm

The bug from the demo with menu music playing in the middle of a game is still there (can be removed by pausing/unpausing). I had a really strange bug when scoring from a deflection. All players started doing the robot for 2 minutes during the celebration :lol:
zamson

Postby MGMT » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:53 pm

zamson wrote:The bug from the demo with menu music playing in the middle of a game is still there (can be removed by pausing/unpausing). I had a really strange bug when scoring from a deflection. All players started doing the robot for 2 minutes during the celebration :lol:

Wtf. I scored a deflection goal with Rooney, and I ran down to the cornerflag with him, then everyone got stuck there for like 1-2 min or so. Haha.
MGMT
International
International

Postby endisforever » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:32 pm

i have had a few times after scoring you do a celebration and the screen goes all white whilst the celebration is taking place then the game comes back as normal its rather odd and quite annoying

playing on 360
endisforever
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Alolo91 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:13 pm

Why did they put that subs cutscene in? Everytime it appears, its always something buggy with it.
Alolo91
First Team
First Team

Postby AlCappucino » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:42 am

gunnergarcia wrote:Has there been any instances of bugs in the career mode yet? Last year was a hot mess and I'd like to know if EA have made it a better experience than last year before I take the plunge and buy FIFA 11.

Just completed one season and so far, reasonably so good. As said, last year was a mess. Remember having a perfect career and all of a sudden starting a season two billion pounds in the red :D

The only negative aspect so far that I have encountered is the pretty crappy AI of the board. I had Plymouth Argyle with an objective to finish top 6. After 15 games I was through to round 4 of the League Cup and at tenth place. Sure, not Mourinho, but plenty to go of the season. Then I was sacked. Not quite realistic is it? Was hoping for this to be adjusted for this year. It should not be to difficult to fix a patiencelevel for each club. I can understand if I get sacked from Real Madrid after ten games if I am tenth. But not if I am playing with Hercules in the same league.
AlCappucino

Postby Lukemac516 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:25 pm

I just won the league cup with Arsenal beating Fulham on penalties in my first season.

It appeas there is a bug because when I checked my career manager stats it says I have won 0 league cups.

:shock:

Has anybody else noticed there stats/cup wins not being correctly recorded and shown?
C'mon you Gunners!

Forza Azzurri!
Lukemac516
Ballboy
Ballboy

Gamertag: Lukemac516
Twitter: @lucasjoseph

Postby Nanny » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:40 am

Ive had the players stuck in the corner one, thank goodness it just timesout and gets you to kick off.

Other one i had was with editing formations then moving players into positions they dont normally play in and getting really high ratings, e.g Theo was in LAM and was on like 81 but i moved him to RM and he went down to like 72. Wtf?
Nanny
International
International

Postby Nanny » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Just finished my 1st season with Arsenal, textbook Wenger performance ... came 4th in the league and won nothing. Yet my objective for the season was to finish top 2 and i obviously didnt but it said i did and the board congratulated me and gave me more money to spend on players?

Also they got rid of all the awards! It didnt alert me to who got Golden boot/glove, no team of the season and didnt even tell me who get relegated or promoted!

Talk about stripping down MM to make CM bug proof!

Also wtf is the "Copa Europe" ? Chelsea play Aston villa, only two teams in it and Chelsea finished second last season while Aston Villa finished like 5th?

Player Growth doesnt seem to work at all? Now seems pointless buying the youngsters i did? Bought David De Gea, played him every game and he won the EPL Golden glove with 20 clean sheets for the season and hasnt improved one point? Same goes with all my loaned out players.

Injuries are also not common enough, i can actually name all my injuries, lost Fabregas twice for long periods of time, Jay for like 2 weeks, Nasri in pre season and thats it! Who is my physio?! Marvin the Magician! Van Persie played every game and didnt get injured! If only that could happen IRL.

I dont understand why they dont put any effort into MM? Is it really that unpopular?
Nanny
International
International

Postby jubalc » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:29 pm

In between online games my player is stuck to the spot in the arena
jubalc
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: jaffa mad
PSN: jaffa-mad
Twitter: Jubalc

Postby Lukemac516 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Piggy backing off Nanny's post I've played 26 league games and probably 10-15 cup games with Arsenal in my first career mode season and the ONLY player injured has been Robin Van Persie for a whopping 12 days. This is ARSENAL we're talking about people :shock: :lol:

Anyway I'm not the biggest online fan so Career Mode is EVERYTHING to me FIFA wise and this stripped down (and still buggy might I add) version is a really unfullfilling. CM should be the #1 priority every season! It's the heart of the game. You can't expect everyone to have let alone play online. EA have a ton of work to do to beef up CM for FIFA 12. Unacceptable really. I actually miss assigning player growth points ala 08 & 09!
C'mon you Gunners!

Forza Azzurri!
Lukemac516
Ballboy
Ballboy

Gamertag: Lukemac516
Twitter: @lucasjoseph

Postby danshankill09 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:31 am

Well... I've had no glitches

:D

EXCEPT , I keep getting messages saying how well Mikel (chelsea) Is doing, about 5-7 messages, but when i check player growth, he had -4 :shock:
danshankill09
International
International

PSN: Daniel_Fishmin

Next

Return to FIFA News / Discussion