The FSB FIFA 12 Bugs/Glitches Thread

News from the FIFA gaming world, discussions from the posts on FIFASoccerBlog.com, and general FIFA forum.

Re: The FSB FIFA 11 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Postby Lukemac516 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:56 pm

twinklebits wrote:For those having problems with the CM freeze try this:

I had the same problem happen this weekend, and thought, "oh great, game killer!" It was a game that had been rescheduled due to a cup tie. Turn on the game, load up CM, and go to your calendar. When I did this, there was no match listed for the day I was on. It had me playing Wolves, but my next match was against Everton. Wolves had been rescheduled for later date. If you go to calendar you can then hit advance, and the game should advance. I've played 5 matches since I did that with no issues. There's no doubt it's a bug, but it does have a work around, hope it helps.

Thanks a lot for posting! I'll try it tonight. Fingers crossed!
C'mon you Gunners!

Forza Azzurri!
Lukemac516
Ballboy
Ballboy

Gamertag: Lukemac516
Twitter: @lucasjoseph

Postby Lukemac516 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:14 am

Lukemac516 wrote:
twinklebits wrote:For those having problems with the CM freeze try this:

I had the same problem happen this weekend, and thought, "oh great, game killer!" It was a game that had been rescheduled due to a cup tie. Turn on the game, load up CM, and go to your calendar. When I did this, there was no match listed for the day I was on. It had me playing Wolves, but my next match was against Everton. Wolves had been rescheduled for later date. If you go to calendar you can then hit advance, and the game should advance. I've played 5 matches since I did that with no issues. There's no doubt it's a bug, but it does have a work around, hope it helps.

Thanks a lot for posting! I'll try it tonight. Fingers crossed!

OMG it worked! I can't thank you enough bro, seriously you saved my game. I can play FIFA again!!! :D
C'mon you Gunners!

Forza Azzurri!
Lukemac516
Ballboy
Ballboy

Gamertag: Lukemac516
Twitter: @lucasjoseph

Postby nexusreject » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:00 pm

nexusreject wrote:Has anyone noticed a glitch in which a keeper changes to an outfield player and vice versa ? I had it last night playing against Man U. Flying down the flanks I noticed Ryan Giggs racing back into the penalty area as I threw a ball in from the left. As I nodded on from my man in the box I was open mouthed while witnessing Giggs clutch the ball mid air and cling to it as he fell to the ground. He then checked around as he rose to his feet and proceeded as a keeper in kicking the ball out, and there up-field was Van der-sar in purple acting as a midfield player.

Later in the game I checked to see if they had a red shirt as a keeper. On closer inspection Giggs had changed his shirt but remained in goal.

What is going on EA..?? Seems like there are more bugs in 11 than in 10. Gameplay AI, CM freezes, and now this. EA want to be careful as I can see PES creeping up.

Here it is, go and see.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/45054160

nexusreject

Postby sandmania » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Game loads but won't load trophies so have to quit and reboot, happened twice so far. Not amused.
sandmania

PSN: sandmania

Postby Peruzzi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Dont really know if this is a bug, glitch, or general EA badness, but anyone else notice how in the "tele" cam, the badges, sponsors, etc on the players shirts disappears and you just get the plain design?

Names and numbers stay on the back, but no detail on the front. Then when you see the close ups, replays, little videos, etc, all the detail is back.

Really bugs me! :lol:
Peruzzi
Pundit
Pundit

my online code is not working

Postby kafy911 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:26 pm

when i bought the game , I got a code for playing online
when i tried this code , it didn't work
i tried it lots of time
please help
kafy911

Postby Mac » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Did you buy the game preowned?
Mac
Manager
Manager

Gamertag: Rickers31093 (Not Active At Mo)
PSN: rickers31093

Postby Corinthiano » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Well, my glitch is...odd is a weak word, it's revolting to be honest.

It happened in both versions for Xbox - which now is gone since my Xbox gone 3RL - and to my actual PS3.

Well I don't really have much time to play so it's not unusual for me to interrupt a lot of matches right in the middle. By interrupt I mean log off to the user's panel and of course, shut down the system.

And here's what happened. I entered Career Mode with Arsenal - which roster suffered some alterations. I transfered players that I like and started the league as a Manager. Fine. A few matches and well, it seemed just so easy! And the matches, so much more physicality. It was no fun at all. My experience with the Xbox remembered me that sometimes, starting a new Career Mode gets things together. After all, that seems like a glitch - too.

(A note before I continue: the PS3 differs GREATLY from Xbox. It's more realistic in many ways. First, there's physicality but nothing so unrealistic to the point of Xbox version when it chose a more physical game. It was coward, the CPU players, no matter Man U or Blackpool were like an army of Iron Men.
And of course, gamespeed. I always set it to slow - because EA's Normal isn't really normal. And specially because there's gamespeed variation every goddamn match. In some matches, players' reflexes, the speed of the ball either on grass or in the air is real, slow, paced. In others, it feels like we're watching a futsal game with 22 players on a gigantic grass court. I got to remind of PES. In PS3 the speed variations vary from match to match. But not so incredibly).

And bingo, nem Career Mode start, great pre-season matches, real dificulty, real game pace. I played a few rounds and in the game against Aston Villa, there was I seeing a tiny Bent push a Toure (yea, I put him back in Arsenal) and score 1-0. Like 30 seconds later, goddamn Ireland scores the second, slipping through 3 markers like he was made of bloody soap. I had no doubts: glitch! Supergamespeed, unrealistic reflexes (for CPU players, not mine), a feel of PES that made wanna throw the PS3 against the wall.

No big deal, here I was loading Career Mode again. But wait...where's Song?

In his place, on the midfield, an orange dot, a player with the shirt number 122, no face, no atributes. Actually in his Overall value there was a number like 123399030. I accepted to play the match and to my surprise I had 10 players. He was gone. Or invisble, whatever. He wasn't there.

I started the game. Placed Diaby for Song and I won 2-0. And no sign of Song.

Game finished, time for the AutoSave. Nothing. There was no freezing, music was on, background was moving but the Season Panel with the data, news, and the menu...vanished. OK, time to reload FIFA 2011...

Entered Career Mode again and simulated Arsenal x Aston Villa. 1x1. Now, aparently the CPU was pleased. But hey, look! Song is there, as a sub! And he enters the game!

Went to My FIFA 11. Looked for Song in the original roster, the one I altered with Club Transfers. There it was the orange dot and no sign of Song, though.

In the Xbox version, it happened the same way. But with Babel. I transfered him to Arsenal too and he was the best player, top scorer and assist. This time, Song was the Man of the Match, since the pre season matches.

Now I ask...WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??

Is there any fix for that?

Oh and I read something about a patch which corrects the unrealist pressure CPU puts on you every game. People got it the PSN and Xbox networks. Unfortunately, I have no wi-fi in my region, can only wonder why. Is it possible to download it from some source and then upload it to the PS3?
Corinthiano

Postby VANBASTEN10 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Ive noticed two things on fifa 11 of late is that players that you are not controlling on your team some times run into you or they do not move out of the way at times. Also keepers seem to rush out for the ball when you have not pressed anything for them to do so like today the ball was played over the top i brought the ball down in the box walked towards my own goal so i coould clear to my left back but the keeper ran out to get the ball knocking me over and letting the ball drop to the cpu who tapped it in :(
Oh and as all fifa 11 players know the servers need to be sorted for clubs there is way to much lag and constuntly keep getting kicked out of matchs.
VANBASTEN10
Mascot
Mascot

Gamertag: SWEAT DOGG
PSN: CRACK-FOX
Twitter: sweat_dogg

Postby therocker821PT » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Once,i was playing with A.C Milan and Pirlo,instead of shooting the ball he shot the air,howether,the camera was following the air...(It was like an invisible ball!)
therocker821PT

Gamertag: dont
PSN: sda
Twitter: @T9KANE

Postby lothario » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:19 am

After a season with Man City, Arshavin disappeared from my squad. I tried a search, and he was apparently not in any other clubs. Luckily I discovered it soon enough to buy a replacement. This was some seasons in, so he might have retired, but isn't there some message, when a player retires?
lothario
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Corinthiano » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Haven't been following this forum before, so I don't know if this matter was ever touched here: about game speed variations in every match. I'll exemplify: I choose Slow for the gamespeed. And indeed, in the first matches the game flows as I expect: passing in a normal speed, as in real life (because FIFA's normal isn't really normal) and well, the general flow of the game goes in a very regular way, simulation way.

But then, I face an opponent that is fighting for the first positions with me...and the game goes wild. Super speed, the AI team exchanging passes in a wild speed, big holes and gaps in my defensive line and if I don't fight really hard, I'll talke 6, 7, goals. A few more rounds ahead and the same happens, this time in a row of apparently random matches (in terms of importance): teams placed in the middle of table show an incredible will and play so fast, so strong, they make my players look like sub-15 and certainly, my configuration for slow seem meaningless. Does it happen to you?
Corinthiano

Postby OUTOFHEALTH » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:19 am

Corinthiano wrote:Haven't been following this forum before, so I don't know if this matter was ever touched here: about game speed variations in every match. I'll exemplify: I choose Slow for the gamespeed. And indeed, in the first matches the game flows as I expect: passing in a normal speed, as in real life (because FIFA's normal isn't really normal) and well, the general flow of the game goes in a very regular way, simulation way.

But then, I face an opponent that is fighting for the first positions with me...and the game goes wild. Super speed, the AI team exchanging passes in a wild speed, big holes and gaps in my defensive line and if I don't fight really hard, I'll talke 6, 7, goals. A few more rounds ahead and the same happens, this time in a row of apparently random matches (in terms of importance): teams placed in the middle of table show an incredible will and play so fast, so strong, they make my players look like sub-15 and certainly, my configuration for slow seem meaningless. Does it happen to you?

The classic speed concerns.This is something that both happens in Pes and Fifa. Sometimes it can come down to the longertivety of how long you have played the game through consecutive hours ie the game overheats or how the opposite AI approaches its teams tactics.Its either one of those or th game has a bug.
Try giving the game a off-time and then come back to it,if the speed concerns are still evident then its possibly the AI.
"COME ON!"
OUTOFHEALTH
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: The FSB FIFA 12 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Postby Peruzzi » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Has anyone else got the Euro2012 DLC?

For the last few days, mine has screwed up, I can only select Germany or Spain, and the settings are stuck on 2 minute half, and I cant change it (its greyed out)

Any ideas?
Peruzzi
Pundit
Pundit

Postby nobleknight91 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Corinthiano wrote:Haven't been following this forum before, so I don't know if this matter was ever touched here: about game speed variations in every match. I'll exemplify: I choose Slow for the gamespeed. And indeed, in the first matches the game flows as I expect: passing in a normal speed, as in real life (because FIFA's normal isn't really normal) and well, the general flow of the game goes in a very regular way, simulation way.

it's what some calls scripting to make the match feels different to when you face weaker side.
We have to get used to it as its there in both games.Somehow it needed to be there but sometimes it exceeds the limit you can accept .
Just Living So I Can Die Smiling .....I'm The Man Who Can't Be Moved

check my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNobleknight91?feature=mhee
nobleknight91
International
International

PSN: nobleknight91
Twitter: @NobleKnight91

Postby Rach08 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Is there anything right with Fifa? lol :lol:
Neil Lennon This is not the end...this is just the beginning

Tommy Burns When you put on the Celtic jersey you’re not playing for a football team, you’re playing for a community and a cause

Xavier Hernández i Creus Celtic, like Barcelona, are more than a football club. Our clubs are a symbol of a culture and community that has not always been made welcome in their respective countries
Rach08
First Team
First Team

Postby brandonw00 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:16 pm

For those playing on PC, I want to see if you run into this problem that I do. I've been playing the game since day one, and have not had any problems. The past two days I've had the game crash three times on my when I'm playing a game in career mode. There is nothing different about my computer, except that the past two times the game has crashed, I've been downloading a game through Origin while playing the game. I was wondering if anyone could test this out for me and see if they are having the same problem.

EDIT: I'm going to pause the download and play for a bit to see if that helps.
brandonw00

Gamertag: brandonw00

Postby dillyz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:20 am

ive got a problem, ive recently installed windows 8 and origin and fifa 2012 and cannot connect to origin in game. So no online or anything. Keeps telling me to make sure i am connected to origin etc. EA support as usual are useless
dillyz

Postby Shevar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:51 am

I noticed a big bug in the tree table of a cup tournament.
I had two of them in fact.

First Bug: ending up on de wrong side of the tournament tree. In the Champions cup, in the knockout stage, first match I'm playing on the right side working my way up to the center (I play as Ajax btw.) and I progress. Normally I had to play Man City, but after the results I see the tournament table and suddenly I end up on the left side and I have to play Valencia :shock:

Second Bug: I won the Semi-final of the Dutch Cup 5-2 against Vitesse. Who gets to play the Final:.... Vitesse!!!! :shock:

How can something as easy as determining a fixture be broken.

I had this today after patch 1.02 or something. EA get your s*** together. A footie without proper fixtures is just plain dumb. I mean, do they even bug test their own games? :|

I also had occasions where I had to play two fixtures in two days. That's absurd. Also in the Eredivisie, whenever A club has to play a European match the coming week, they play their league match on a Saturday, a simple KNVB rule. (ex. Ajax played PSV yesterday because both clubs have a European fixture next week). Not in FIFA. Here I Play a lot of matches on Sunday or even Monday.
I don't get how simple algorithmic rules can't be implemented correctly. I am studying Applied Computer Science. I study Programming. How come the most simple of all programming skills, a simple iteration to verify certain values, can be so messed up in a multibillion dollar company like EA.

These programmers should be ashamed to even call themselves as such. Their have been two maybe three patches, I lost track of the amount of patches, and they still can't fix this?
Shevar

Gamertag: Shevar
PSN: Shevar
Twitter: @shevar_360

Previous

Return to FIFA News / Discussion