PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 9)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 9)

Postby greeny-30 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:51 am

KunDamien wrote:
greeny-30 wrote:So just had my first 2 games online and they were smooth as butter. It was enjoyable and drew both 1-1. Didn't feel quite like the beta though, too fast, too much space and a bit floaty/light. Didn't feel as tactical.
No prizes for guessing which teams i faced...... :roll:
Do people seriously just spend the whole year either picking Barca & Madrid? It's absolutely pathetic.

Earlyer I regretted canceling pre order after hearing it's gone back to beta level. Now I'm glad I did cancel after hearing your feedback. Sucks that they destroyed what was an awesome game. Many here will slate me here but I have since pre ordered fifa for the first time in years. I needed my football fix and I found fifa demo to be slower then usual.

It's early days and I'll play some more online tomorrow. It could just be that i played against Madrid & Barca and a couple of pressure spammers. They didn't suceed though which is a good sign. I enjoyed the matches, i might just need to get my online head on as been playing single player for a couple of days and need to adjust, i didn't like the beta at first.
It certainly hasn't been ruined and gameplay was very smooth & fluid so i wouldn't write it off just yet.
greeny-30
First Team
First Team

PSN: greeny26

Postby jul1anr1k » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:15 am

What is up with the image quality in this game (playing on PS4 Pro on 4k OLED)? It's terrible - blurry and has shimmering edges and lots of dithering. Wtf? Legit looks like 1080p.
jul1anr1k
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby casperld » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:29 am

Finally! The PC version is a thing of beauty.
Sorry for my bad English......Im from Newry

It's over, it really is fu*king over
casperld
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: casperld
PSN: ldcasper

Postby Thommohawk » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:32 am

casperld wrote:Finally! The PC version is a thing of beauty.

Agreed. 60 fps option on replays and cut scenes makes a world of difference to overall game fluidity! Good port, runs like a dream! 8-)

Looking forward to proper kit mods and other sweet graphics mods exclusive to the platform. ;)

On a more serious note, quick mention on the graphics. They've definitely had an upgrade this year.....the lighting for me is exceptional, same for detail work. Like example substitutions in daylight matches you'll see the sunlight beam off of the electronic board as he holds it up and puts it down.

Looking forward to ML career mode.
I wanted orange, it gave me lemon lime!
Thommohawk
International
International

Postby Greenmachine » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:55 am

Seems to be a lot of space for the cpu to exploit and of all the teams I've played they all seem to play the exact same way. One thing is for sure, its not a tight game the space makes sure of that.

PC players Q? what do you think the best Brightness and Contrast is for Day and Night
Greenmachine
First Team
First Team

Postby Ameobinho » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:12 am

The fouls issue is killing this game really, You can't enjoy having identical matches with the same type of goals....Laser shot, placed shot,rebound,soft header

No set pieces no,penalties nothing ... And no one on one due to the AI always dropping back and the goalie glued to their line.

Fix it!
Ameobinho
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Greenmachine » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:23 am

I got a FK outside the box but that was only 1 in 5 games.

Little nigggle about the ball braking loose into space, your 2nd player with the "empty" icon, doesn't move to the ball and there is a slight delay after hitting L1 to get him under control, which give an advantage to the cpu teams.
Greenmachine
First Team
First Team

Postby Thommohawk » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:24 am

Greenmachine wrote:Seems to be a lot of space for the cpu to exploit and of all the teams I've played they all seem to play the exact same way. One thing is for sure, its not a tight game the space makes sure of that.

PC players Q? what do you think the best Brightness and Contrast is for Day and Night

Personally I just went by the brightness config guide, for me that ended up brightness 20 contrast left as is 50. Looks pretty sweet to me.
I wanted orange, it gave me lemon lime!
Thommohawk
International
International

Postby L Dot EZY » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:53 am

I have been getting fouled multiple times during every match with the CPU so far but I've only been playing the CUP modes. Waiting for the update and an OF before I start Master League and I'm hoping I get to see a consistent frequency of fouls.
I LOVE FOOTBALL
PES player since I was 8 years old.
L Dot EZY
Youth Team
Youth Team

Gamertag: L Dot EZY
PSN: LDotEZY

Postby Malcolm9 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:20 am

They just need to make the AI more aggressive at times so they initiate a foul. If I go in holding the tackle button and run into a player it can lead to a foul, so it's almost like the AI go in as if the left stick is being used only, meaning they rarely foul.

I've also found I've been caught late after a shot and again, it doesn't recognise the foul. I know sometimes the ref can see that as an advantage, but not when they've wiped me out.
Malcolm9
First Team
First Team

Postby Achiej84 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:06 am

jul1anr1k wrote:What is up with the image quality in this game (playing on PS4 Pro on 4k OLED)? It's terrible - blurry and has shimmering edges and lots of dithering. Wtf? Legit looks like 1080p.

Same here...but only during replays for me. Has it to do with tv settings?
Achiej84
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: Achiej84
Twitter: Achiej84

Postby jameslv1986 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:32 am

I've had two fouls per game. But agreed the ai needs to be
More aggressive in the tackle.
jameslv1986
First Team
First Team

Postby gregclem73 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:40 am

Any suggestions how to stop the cpu playing balls over the top?ive turned down the defensive line and changed the advanced tactics to a deep line and still doesn't seem to work
gregclem73
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby OneZeoN » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:01 am

Are the servers down????

Just loaded up to see and can't connect :cry:
OneZeoN
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: onezeon

Postby PureFromEast » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:09 am

Barcelona vs PSG - SUPERSTAR DIFFICULTY - PS4 PRO

PureFromEast
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: PureFromEast

Postby greeny-30 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:09 am

gregclem73 wrote:Any suggestions how to stop the cpu playing balls over the top?ive turned down the defensive line and changed the advanced tactics to a deep line and still doesn't seem to work

I've been pulling my defensive line back manually with the d-pad during the match. It works best when you lose possession in the oppositions half. I also track the wide runners instead of going for the man in possession

I've honestly not found these high balls as annoying as others. I'd take it over some of the awful stuff we've had from the CPU in previous years, anyone remember in 15 when the CPU would literally never ever cross the ball? Or when they used to play keep ball for 5 minutes in their own half with no chance of getting the ball back? Refusal to shoot high or from outside the box?

These were all much worse IMO so I'll take what we've got as a positive ATM, it could definitely do with toning down but is not that big of an issue or gamebreaking. There will always been certain flaws with A.i, it's inevitable unfortunately.
greeny-30
First Team
First Team

PSN: greeny26

Postby jameslv1986 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:29 am

Def -1 game speed for me. It's perfect, measured, good build up. Tighter I feel
jameslv1986
First Team
First Team

Postby zeus0r » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:04 am

greeny-30 wrote:So just had my first 2 games online and they were smooth as butter. It was enjoyable and drew both 1-1. Didn't feel quite like the beta though, too fast, too much space and a bit floaty/light. Didn't feel as tactical.
No prizes for guessing which teams i faced...... :roll:
Do people seriously just spend the whole year either picking Barca & Madrid? It's absolutely pathetic.

still no team strength filter for divisions?

tone down backheel passes, it's the most unrealistic thing in PES ffs
zeus0r
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

PSN: politebabypanda

Postby Tottiwhat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 am

Quick question chaps.

Does anybody know when the roster update is being put up? Logged in to the game about 4:30 this morning and wasn't there yet.
Tottiwhat

Postby PRO_TOO » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:07 am

after CL last night, i was watching german conference, i played 2 random selection matches against a buddy. my first 2 matches of PES2018! and i'm more than happy that this mode made it back to PES!! unbelievable fun to steal and protect players!!!!! :ROCK:
i just couldnt stop to grin all over my face when my friend tried to get lewandowski 2 times and i blocked him...!!! :PP :)

as i had to go to bed because of work today, i squeezed in my first ML match with RB Leipzig (prof. 15min, fm)... just to quick check on ML... this first match against the AI was pretty... decent... life like... awesome!

it ended 3:2 for me! and what a match that was. i felt challengend and satisfied! i got up 1:0, 1:1. i got up 2:1 again. 2:2. and then in the final minutes... i was patient... really patient... i tapped the ball in underneath the keeper. such a lovely tap in by the penalty area rushing Forsberg! man... what a relieve!

i just cant wait to get back on the controller. "sadly" i have to play a cup semi final tonight after work. i hope i can get PES out of my head at least for that match! ;) and then i want to go home and keep on playing ML!!!

btw: like the fact that advanced instr. are disabled by default! AND: 3 fouls (1 fk at goal) by the AI in my first match! none by myself!
Don’t go for a 50/50 ball unless your 80/20 sure your gonna win it.
Prolicious Gamer
PRO_TOO
First Team
First Team

PSN: PRO_TOO
Twitter: @PRO_TOO

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion