PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 11)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 11)

Postby danielrh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Forced_Reps wrote:@bearwithit - agree, as i said , wasn't defending the way he approaches feedback or speaks to people, just highlighting that whilst Adams feedback route may be more direct, ultimately he has very little if any, influence over what japan work on.

@danielrh certainly no wwe battle royal here mate, i said it wasn't aimed at you personally, just that we always get lied to by Konami, Adam, Asim, or anyone remotely connected with Konami.

No point saying 'be patient, the patch is coming' because it might not even solve the issues.
Unless the patch distinctly adds more COM aggression and as a result more realistic foul counts per match, actual injuries into ML, resolved cursor switching, and doesnt adversely affect what is right with the game, then it will be pointless and considered a fail, and the very premise that we are having to wait months for this so called super patch when they had 3 years to get the game right, is quite frankly, appalling.

I'm hoping the patch does solve alot of the issues, people who play online and offline need to be satisfied.
PESleague online is available to play and I've already heard people being unhappy because of course online with the switching issue and weak defending is'nt ideal for a tournament such as PESleague.

it would have been better to hold of starting PESleague till the patch was released.

I agree with you the patch needs to have more COM agression - this was what I asked for when I was at Anfield more cleverness and agresssion.
PESLeague UK Official Event Admin

Official PESLeague PES2018 tournament website https://www.pesleague.com/

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - No matter how good you are, the bird is gonna shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Postby bearwithit » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:46 pm

How did Konami not know about the issues though? I mean do they not play test the game? Within a few games against AI we were all saying the same things. It took less than a week to see the free kick bug, lack of fouls, player switching, COM spamming long balls to the wing, lack of individual team AI, shooting and all the other things we have noted.

How can any serious gaming company not see those things before releasing? I don't buy it, they knew but done f all to change it and thought the PR and awards where reviewers play a few games would be enough to sell their broken game.

It's a complete mess and Konami are con artists these days when it comes to the PES franchise.
Follow Follow
bearwithit
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: scottio19

Postby Forced_Reps » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:59 pm

bearwithit wrote:How did Konami not know about the issues though? I mean do they not play test the game? Within a few games against AI we were all saying the same things. It took less than a week to see the free kick bug, lack of fouls, player switching, COM spamming long balls to the wing, lack of individual team AI, shooting and all the other things we have noted.

How can any serious gaming company not see those things before releasing? I don't buy it, they knew but done f all to change it and thought the PR and awards where reviewers play a few games would be enough to sell their broken game.

It's a complete mess and Konami are con artists these days when it comes to the PES franchise.

You answered your own question
Forced_Reps
Mascot
Mascot

Twitter: @PESFX

Postby gee_simpson » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:01 pm

Molly wrote:
Philla wrote:So i hope that the team is patching the game as avidly as they did with PES2014, because below there is really a great base of football which doesn´t let me go back to FIFA at the moment.
Exactly this! But somehow I don't get the impression they understand the sense of urgency of fixing the nagging bugs. Faces, faces, faces, the occassional new boot......I don't care about them at this point. If I want faces I can watch youtube. I want the gameplay fixed. All development capacity should be focused solely on the issues, because they definitely ruin the (in potential great) game at this point!
So Konami, stop (ignoring the frustrations! and) doing only stupid PR and fix the issues asap. If you please.

Unfortunately the masses care more about the bells and whistles like new faces and boots. So they won't be changing their focus any time soon imo.
19.05.12 1-5 FTH
gee_simpson
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PSN: JamboGee92
Twitter: @Gee_Simpson

Postby Daytripper » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:01 pm

bearwithit wrote:
Forced_Reps wrote: Adam is just as much of a cog as daniel is.

Adam is a part of Konami's PES team, he's a brand manager who will have a considerably more impact on getting feedback to them than Daniel or anyone else on here......

The problem for me is Adam might be doing his job but bare faced lies to the people he was once among and the sheer arrogance of ignoring and blocking anyone who brings up the games shortcomings is simply not on. He might be a nice guy ect but in terms of his job he's failing big time and letting the PES community down.

I understand he doesn't have the power alone to change the game and in the end all he is there for is to sell games but the way he is doing it leaves a bitter taste given the years he spent on here and elsewhere stating his love and ambition for the game. I don't trust one word he or anyone representing PES say's anymore. We as a community have been fed utter rubbish from these guys for years now and they now hold zero credibility.

PES isn't back and until they make big changes in staff and direction.

He strikes me as a person who is only nice when you tell him exactly what he wants to hear. You don't treat people like that if you are a decent person. The problem for people like him is, people don't forget and his lack of awareness is only diminished slightly in size by his ego.

Quite frankly I think the hype merchants surrounding this series are a insult to intelligence and dare I say quite hard faced in their attitude to people who think they can get all the goodies and sneak peaks and then proceed to deliberate mislead people to generate more potential buyers.

If you love Pro Evolution Soccer dearly and have such passion for it you speak out and if marketers or people close to the game try to ostracise you, then tell people, speak up otherwise you are just another person in it for themselves and not for the good of the games.
Daytripper

Postby Ameobinho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Remember, This is the third or fourth year of the same basic issues being ignored by Konami and their representatives.

It's not like we were surprised by the fouls, lack of penalties,injuries fatigue this year then decided to respond by running a campaign of feedback to solve them. It's basically a number of pathetic individuals who are trying to seize the opportunity and promote their bog standard you tube channel, podcast whatever social media platform they use to promote themselves only.

You go to a pre launch event and play the game early, You don't prioritize the lingering issues of 2 or 3 years in your feedback, Come on here and lie to people about non exist ant improvements and then wash your hand off the game after the truth is out claiming that Adam has nothing to do with it so that he invites you again.

Constructive criticism, Can't judge the game until you play it, Videos are not enough, The user has to play a certain way and all these other bullshit arguments were being thrown at anyone expressing worry about the game.

I'm laughing at you as I write this, Mods all over PES forums starting threads to gather feedback AFTER the game is out, What a bunch of losers :lol: :lol:
Ameobinho
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby shoot-to » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:58 pm

It's great that a patch is coming and hopefully it will fix most of the major issues being reported. But Konami have to give some kind of timeline to when the patch is going to hit and when it does, they need to detail what has been fixed. How many times have that been mentioned on here?

Faces and boots are great but they should be focusing on getting the core of the game working. People are not buying PES to collect the most up-to-date faces and boots like some kind of Panini sticker album. Honestly, if the patch eventually hits and it fixes things and the response is positive, I will consider buying PES18. I need my football fix and FIFA is still a game I'm reluctant to touch.

Konami needs to be quick about this. The longer they hold back releasing the patch the older the game is getting. Gamers will be playing something else and PES18 will be forgotten along with the old catalog of played games. People at Konami and close to them are asking customers to be patient about the patch release. Well, we have been patient for a many years since PES 2008. Forward to PES2018 we still cannot say there is a PES that gave us that PES5/6 feeling. Isn't that just mind bogggling? PES2008-PES2018, 10 instalments, Konami have failed to capture the feeling for it's fans of what they were so good back in the days.

When Adam got into Konami and they opened a studio in the UK, I honestly thought the tide would turn. There's no denying there has been an improvement but when you read and watch videos of issues effecting the game now, they are so obvious, I can't help but wonder how mediocre Konami has become.

Someone wrote on here that you live and die by your words and it's so true with Adam right now. I don't dislike him, I have nothing against him. I can see his passion his energy for the series. But when you hark back to videos of him saying that "we will not be complacent, always looking to improve, listening to the fans" last year and you see what is happening this year. And then you say it took 3 years to develop PES2018, I'm sorry, the issues people are reporting about the game now makes me think - OK, 3 years and this!? Really!?

It's sad this place is becoming like a PES bashing forum, but I believe those who are bashing the game are genuine people who want the best for the series. It doesn't sound like it if your a Konami rep but this is what they have made this place become. This is what they have made the hardcore become. Eventually people will have had enough of bashing and by then Konami will realise PES is irrelevant, nobody cares.
The King has not returned yet but we are indeed witnessing signs and wonders of his coming glory. - Can’t believe that was what I wrote back then. The King is never returning and the only sign and wonder that it has given since my sig was amateur mistakes over and over again. - 2017
shoot-to
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby danielrh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Ameobinho wrote:Remember, This is the third or fourth year of the same basic issues being ignored by Konami and their representatives.

It's not like we were surprised by the fouls, lack of penalties,injuries fatigue this year then decided to respond by running a campaign of feedback to solve them. It's basically a number of pathetic individuals who are trying to seize the opportunity and promote their bog standard you tube channel, podcast whatever social media platform they use to promote themselves only.

You go to a pre launch event and play the game early, You don't prioritize the lingering issues of 2 or 3 years in your feedback, Come on here and lie to people about non exist ant improvements and then wash your hand off the game after the truth is out claiming that Adam has nothing to do with it so that he invites you again.

Constructive criticism, Can't judge the game until you play it, Videos are not enough, The user has to play a certain way and all these other bullshit arguments were being thrown at anyone expressing worry about the game.

I'm laughing at you as I write this, Mods all over PES forums starting threads to gather feedback AFTER the game is out, What a bunch of losers :lol: :lol:

I can only talk about what I play at any given time, just like the lads here who played the online beta and demo can only talk about what they've played at that time.

opinions will differ from one code to the other, I hav'nt lie to anybody and I don't my concience is clear if I'm told things are continuing to be work on and improved then I can only repeat it here ..... or maybe I should join the others and stay away ....lol, but I won't it's our forum to talk about the game we love until, one day with get a awesome complete package that caters for the hardcore, make the game for the hardcore and believe me the rest will follow why? because it will be a alternative to Fifa

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - No matter how good you are, the bird is gonna shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Achiej84 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Ameobinho wrote:Remember, This is the third or fourth year of the same basic issues being ignored by Konami and their representatives.

+10000000000000000000
Achiej84
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: Achiej84
Twitter: Achiej84

Postby Achiej84 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:14 pm

shoot-to wrote:It's great that a patch is coming and hopefully it will fix most of the major issues being reported. But Konami have to give some kind of timeline to when the patch is going to hit and when it does, they need to detail what has been fixed. How many times have that been mentioned on here?

Faces and boots are great but they should be focusing on getting the core of the game working. People are not buying PES to collect the most up-to-date faces and boots like some kind of Panini sticker album. Honestly, if the patch eventually hits and it fixes things and the response is positive, I will consider buying PES18. I need my football fix and FIFA is still a game I'm reluctant to touch.

Konami needs to be quick about this. The longer they hold back releasing the patch the older the game is getting. Gamers will be playing something else and PES18 will be forgotten along with the old catalog of played games. People at Konami and close to them are asking customers to be patient about the patch release. Well, we have been patient for a many years since PES 2008. Forward to PES2018 we still cannot say there is a PES that gave us that PES5/6 feeling. Isn't that just mind bogggling? PES2008-PES2018, 10 instalments, Konami have failed to capture the feeling for it's fans of what they were so good back in the days.

When Adam got into Konami and they opened a studio in the UK, I honestly thought the tide would turn. There's no denying there has been an improvement but when you read and watch videos of issues effecting the game now, they are so obvious, I can't help but wonder how mediocre Konami has become.

Someone wrote on here that you live and die by your words and it's so true with Adam right now. I don't dislike him, I have nothing against him. I can see his passion his energy for the series. But when you hark back to videos of him saying that "we will not be complacent, always looking to improve, listening to the fans" last year and you see what is happening this year. And then you say it took 3 years to develop PES2018, I'm sorry, the issues people are reporting about the game now makes me think - OK, 3 years and this!? Really!?

It's sad this place is becoming like a PES bashing forum, but I believe those who are bashing the game are genuine people who want the best for the series. It doesn't sound like it if your a Konami rep but this is what they have made this place become. This is what they have made the hardcore become. Eventually people will have had enough of bashing and by then Konami will realise PES is irrelevant, nobody cares.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000
Achiej84
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: Achiej84
Twitter: Achiej84

Postby Forced_Reps » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:20 pm

@danielrh - with respect though mate, in future it may be better for you to reply in a more considered way.
When you posted on here saying PES 18 was superb, and you'd just played it at an event at Anfield, I posted asking you clearly outright, if fouls, or complete lack of them were still an issue, as this has been an issue for the last few years and has continually ruined any ML I've played, your response was very nonchalant and casual and confident, stating "Dont worry, fouls are no longer an issue, promise you".

As you had played the game, I took your word for it, why wouldn't I, and I was excited to finally have such a big issue sorted.
Imagine my surprise when i shell out £70 for the game, and low and behold, not only are fouls still an issue, but in fact are WORSE than PES 17.

So my question to you is: what did you see/hear at Anfield that prompted you to tell me so confidently that fouls were fixed? Did you play multiple games against an offline AI and in the process, get fouls when they should be fouls? shooting distance FK's? Penalties? Red Cards?
Did you play against other human players and was given a decent number of fouls?
If so, then why did konami seemingly then remove fouls again for release?

If you didn't do any of the above then why come on here and so confidently promise fouls were not an issue?
Why state something that isn't true?

Now you see why most of us dont take anything Konami or any of their affiliates says with any seriousness or confidence.
Forced_Reps
Mascot
Mascot

Postby Ameobinho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:24 pm

This should refresh some memories

Ameobinho
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Forced_Reps » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:29 pm

hard to read the full context mate, half the screenshot is missing
Forced_Reps
Mascot
Mascot

Postby Nik778899 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Forced_Reps wrote:hard to read the full context mate, half the screenshot is missing

Open theimage in a new tab.

It's basically Daniel telling you ignore us all and assuring you that fouls were fixed.
Nik778899
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby danielrh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:41 pm

Ameobinho wrote:This should refresh some memories

that's right at the time when I was playing at Anfield and went 1-0 up against the AI on superstar, I wanted more from the AI, I wanted the AI to come at me hard and try and get a equaliser, some some aggression instead of just keeping possession .... I spoke to Kei Masuda-San face to face (at the time).

so I'm right in what I said

wrong again @Nik778899 you can read can't you - not were fixed but will be (as I was told)
Last edited by danielrh on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Forced_Reps » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Nik778899 wrote:
Forced_Reps wrote:hard to read the full context mate, half the screenshot is missing

It's basically Daniel telling you ignore us all and assuring you that fouls were fixed.

Cheers Nik, well that didnt quite pan out out well did it.
Forced_Reps
Mascot
Mascot

Postby danielrh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Forced_Reps wrote:
Nik778899 wrote:

Cheers Nik, well that didnt quite pan out out well did it.

he's wrong mate (likes to have a cheap pop he can go) I didn't say were I said will be because that was what the man making the game said ....like the saying goes please don't shoot the messenger ....... mind you king leonidas kicked the messenger down the pit

danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Ameobinho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:48 pm

He's calling genuine fans trouble makers because they were worried about fouls!!
Ameobinho
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby danielrh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:51 pm

Ameobinho wrote:He's calling genuine fans trouble makers because they were worried about fouls!!

worrying about fouls is fine having cheap digs is not ...... god I'm surrounded by idiots :roll:

so is this what this forum is becoming?
people are not happy me too I'm in the same boat I cannot play online till it's sorted but I'm not here to have a dig at anybody, just talk about PES

danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Ameobinho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:54 pm

danielrh wrote:
Ameobinho wrote:He's calling genuine fans trouble makers because they were worried about fouls!!

worrying about fouls is fine having cheap digs is not ...... god I'm surrounded by idiots :roll:

so is this what this forum is becoming?
people are not happy me too I'm in the same boat I cannot play online till it's sorted but I'm not here to have a dig at anybody, just talk about PES

It was nothing personal until you started insulting the intelligence of people caring about the game Then coming in here crying because you've been lied to by the game maker (Not Adam of course it's the Japanese chap eh?) :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Ameobinho on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ameobinho
Ballboy
Ballboy

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion