PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 12)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 12)

Postby Thommohawk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:54 pm

Nik778899 wrote:Be my guest.

Oh grow up. :roll:

You're not worth it.
I wanted orange, it gave me lemon lime!
Thommohawk
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Thommohawk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:56 pm

bigol83 wrote:Why would you insult each other? The only one that should be insulted is Konami. :D

I take no pride in this, because it's a sad sorry state of affairs that only us gamers suffer for. But for what they did to Silent Hill, Metal Gear, PES, and Kojima.....

#FUCKONAMI
Thommohawk
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Nik778899 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Thommohawk wrote:

You're not worth it.

:lol:

Embarassing yourself, pal.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby Pwalie86 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:20 pm

Blimey, nowt much changes on here. :lol:
The DJ to the music like the turkey to the gravy, techno techno techno, Bisto Bisto Bisto!
Pwalie86
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: Pwaliebwoy86
PSN: IM-FO-REALZ

Postby Nik778899 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:12 am

http://www.dbltap.com/posts/5863098-cre ... rship-deal

Not the most reputable source, however it looks like one of Konami's top licences is off to EA.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby bigol83 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:44 am

Nik778899 wrote:http://www.dbltap.com/posts/5863098-creators-of-fifa-to-land-massive-partnership-deal

Not the most reputable source, however it looks like one of Konami's top licences is off to EA.

I also think they will lose the UEFA licenses. Not a problem for me, as long as they put those resources in leagues licenses or better in game development to improve the game.

Remember Adam said:

But we need to offer the same high standard in all other areas, we want to be industry leading across the board. It's an easy thing to say, but we're always very aware of what it will take to get there. There will be sacrifices we need to make for the greater good, but all of which will make sense once the game is announced. It's an extremely exciting time

I see sacrifices as the loss of Uefa licenses.
bigol83
First Team
First Team

Twitter: @bigol83

Postby Thommohawk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Nik778899 wrote:
Thommohawk wrote:

You're not worth it.

Says you :lol:
Thommohawk
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Richard221177 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:55 pm

After 2/3 pages of a cock measuring contest between thommohawk and Nik do we know who the winner is yet? Pair of knobheads.
Richard221177
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Nik778899 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Thommohawk wrote:
Nik778899 wrote:
Thommohawk wrote:

You're not worth it.

Says you :lol:

Indeed. You've:

- Argued with your own misinterpretation of my point. Everyone else seems to have got it, just you who struggled with it.
- Told everyone how clever you are.
- Told everyone how you don't need to insult people to make a point despite spending many posts doing exactly that by insulting my intelligence to make a point.
- Posted a load of cliché 'you're not worth it' bollocks.

I've not once insulted you during this whole time, I've simply made my fairly straight forward point repeatedly hoping that sooner or later the penny might actually drop.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby Nik778899 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:39 pm

bigol83 wrote:
Nik778899 wrote:http://www.dbltap.com/posts/5863098-creators-of-fifa-to-land-massive-partnership-deal

I also think they will lose the UEFA licenses. Not a problem for me, as long as they put those resources in leagues licenses or better in game development to improve the game.

Remember Adam said:

But we need to offer the same high standard in all other areas, we want to be industry leading across the board. It's an easy thing to say, but we're always very aware of what it will take to get there. There will be sacrifices we need to make for the greater good, but all of which will make sense once the game is announced. It's an extremely exciting time

I see sacrifices as the loss of Uefa licenses.

Perhaps yeah, not sure they'll be interested in league licences on the whole though. Their approach has very much focussed on individual club deals these days. Whilst that's great it definitely makes me fear for the future in terms of licences. Whilst we all know how to circumvent the and there's a community dedicated to sorting it out, I think it certainly will hit the numbers of casual fans.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby Nik778899 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:40 pm

Richard221177 wrote:After 2/3 pages of a cock measuring contest between thommohawk and Nik do we know who the winner is yet? Pair of knobheads.

Cheers pal :lol:
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby Pwalie86 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Could start their own group.

Wang Direction. :lol:

Oh goody gumdrops how I miss ye PES forums.
The DJ to the music like the turkey to the gravy, techno techno techno, Bisto Bisto Bisto!
Pwalie86
First Team
First Team

Postby Pwalie86 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:19 pm

If FIFA got CL/EL license then it will undo the hard work that Konami have put in the past few titles. I hear of more fans switching to PES with from Fifa 18 and it's more respectable now as a brand. But, if they were to lose the license then sales would take a sharp drop unless there's an editor where you could re-create the Champions League.

Still too early for news but the speculation always begins early.
Pwalie86
First Team
First Team

Postby Nik778899 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Pwalie86 wrote:If FIFA got CL/EL license then it will undo the hard work that Konami have put in the past few titles. I hear of more fans switching to PES with from Fifa 18 and it's more respectable now as a brand. But, if they were to lose the license then sales would take a sharp drop unless there's an editor where you could re-create the Champions League.

Still too early for news but the speculation always begins early.

I agree that sales may be affected.
Thing is, even if Konami allow editing the competition, you'll still lose all the hoardings; commentary snippets; scoreboards etc. I suppose it depends on what you get from the game but I'm very much an offline ML player, so this would bug me.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby vital » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:41 pm

PES 2018 has been such a roaring success according to daniel I'm sure Konami will have plenty of funds to renew all current licenses and add new ones too.
vital
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Pwalie86 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:11 pm

vital wrote:PES 2018 has been such a roaring success according to daniel I'm sure Konami will have plenty of funds to renew all current licenses and add new ones too.

If EA fancy having it though then whatever they spend to get it won't be much as they'll get it back because guaranteed it'll be for the career mode side of things but the marketing with FUT will be another story. Champions League is so big these days and I knpw they had the license about 10 years ago now but I don't think they really knew what to do with it as Fifa 07 or whatever at the time didn't have a gimmick like it has now with FUT.

Still just wish they'd both share more tbh.
Pwalie86
First Team
First Team

Postby Nik778899 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:15 pm

Pwalie86 wrote:
vital wrote:PES 2018 has been such a roaring success according to daniel I'm sure Konami will have plenty of funds to renew all current licenses and add new ones too.

If EA fancy having it though then whatever they spend to get it won't be much as they'll get it back because guaranteed it'll be for the career mode side of things but the marketing with FUT will be another story. Champions League is so big these days and I knpw they had the license about 10 years ago now but I don't think they really knew what to do with it as Fifa 07 or whatever at the time didn't have a gimmick like it has now with FUT.

Not to mention incorporating it into The Journey.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby Pwalie86 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Nik778899 wrote:
Pwalie86 wrote:

Absolutely. They spend quite a lot of time and money on that mode so they'll weave a story in that at the end you'll be playing in the final or something similar.

PES doesn't have as many outlets as Fifa in order to showcase it. It's the only license that's eluded EA for a long time now and they may want it back. My only issue with Fifa and CL/EL is that they'll mess up with some of the authentication like the trophy celebration will just look the exact same way as you win everything else. I'm sure there was one PES game where you'd receive winner medals and of course the trophy engraving cutscene. Little bits like that are great and add to the feeling of winning something.
Pwalie86
First Team
First Team

Postby Nik778899 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Pwalie86 wrote:
Nik778899 wrote:
Pwalie86 wrote:

Absolutely. They spend quite a lot of time and money on that mode so they'll weave a story in that at the end you'll be playing in the final or something similar.

PES doesn't have as many outlets as Fifa in order to showcase it. It's the only license that's eluded EA for a long time now and they may want it back. My only issue with Fifa and CL/EL is that they'll mess up with some of the authentication like the trophy celebration will just look the exact same way as you win everything else. I'm sure there was one PES game where you'd receive winner medals and of course the trophy engraving cutscene. Little bits like that are great and add to the feeling of winning something.

That is so true. I remember when EA had the licence and they had that scenario-based story for it, similar to The Journey. They've got previous for showcasing it in a different way than just having it.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby Thommohawk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Richard221177 wrote:After 2/3 pages of a cock measuring contest between thommohawk and Nik do we know who the winner is yet? Pair of knobheads.

You do realise by calling someone a nobhead unprovoked makes you worse than.
Thommohawk
Pundit
Pundit

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion