PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 14)

Postby danielrh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm

The PES Casual wrote:Had him for a few months and have him up to 83ovr, along with Diego Carlos. Only issue with Carlos is his live update form, which is a bit up n' down compared to Kimpembe.

Spun Thiago Silva on Sunday. Just doing a spin every two days and knew I would score a black ball player from that agent eventually. Hardly play black ball players tbh. Only Gullit in frequent rotation on account of his utility capability. Awesome in the middle of a five man defence. Plays like a proper sweeper.

Have been building a bronze-y squad since release and is coming along nicely. Grabbed Gianluca Gaudino (check out that dude) and last night grabbed Carles Alena from Barca. Both Build-up CMF's with Gaudino right-footed, and Alena left-footed. Kevin N'Doram is worth a look too if looking for a handy utility man. Reg'd RMF with Anchor man, but can deputise in both DMF and especially CB. Having decent games v. Top Player/Super Star using that strength squad.

Only other player I think I really want is Socrates so far as Legends go, and maybe Roncaglia and Aritz Elustondo for additional Defensive full-backs.Elustondo on the right and Boilesen on the left would be sweet. Still looking for a gem of a left-footed bronze ball CB. Wouldn't mind Lafont for some youthful keeper development potential. He is in the agent but ain't going to spin like a madman to get him.

everyone's going nuts over this weeks Ligue 1 Conforama agent, some of the streamers I've been watching were saying this is a golden opportunity to get Neymar.

I've seen Lafont on streams have insane games between the sticks
PESLeague UK Official Event Admin

Official PESLeague PES2018 tournament website
https://pesleague.konami.net/2018/eu/en/

"If people are trying to bring you down, it only means you are above them"
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Postby The PES Casual » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 pm

danielrh wrote:
The PES Casual wrote:Had him for a few months and have him up to 83ovr, along with Diego Carlos. Only issue with Carlos is his live update form, which is a bit up n' down compared to Kimpembe.

Spun Thiago Silva on Sunday. Just doing a spin every two days and knew I would score a black ball player from that agent eventually. Hardly play black ball players tbh. Only Gullit in frequent rotation on account of his utility capability. Awesome in the middle of a five man defence. Plays like a proper sweeper.

Have been building a bronze-y squad since release and is coming along nicely. Grabbed Gianluca Gaudino (check out that dude) and last night grabbed Carles Alena from Barca. Both Build-up CMF's with Gaudino right-footed, and Alena left-footed. Kevin N'Doram is worth a look too if looking for a handy utility man. Reg'd RMF with Anchor man, but can deputise in both DMF and especially CB. Having decent games v. Top Player/Super Star using that strength squad.

Only other player I think I really want is Socrates so far as Legends go, and maybe Roncaglia and Aritz Elustondo for additional Defensive full-backs.Elustondo on the right and Boilesen on the left would be sweet. Still looking for a gem of a left-footed bronze ball CB. Wouldn't mind Lafont for some youthful keeper development potential. He is in the agent but ain't going to spin like a madman to get him.

everyone's going nuts over this weeks Ligue 1 Conforama agent, some of the streamers I've been watching were saying this is a golden opportunity to get Neymar.

Seems a clearable agent for many but I have only had over 100k once, maybe twice, so no chance of me ever having the gp to clear an agent with as low a pool as the Ligue 1 one. Never got the whole agent clearing thing anyway. Think I am only interested in maybe landing either Rabiot or Lafont from it before it closes anyway.

Is it this Thursday they are giving the scout that can maybe land you Maradona 86? Did the whole twitch connect thing but can't remember if it is this week or next. I have a few gold ball Argentinians as well as Gonzalo Higuain so might get lucky and land El Diego or even Dybala.

Current plan is to keep squad as is then maybe during summer trim that 150 down to 50. Max out a few Silver and Bronze players (max out wee "Dieguito" Rojas too) and see how things go.
The PES Casual
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby RFC41GE » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Mutuality-WSDEs wrote:I don't know after how many games it turns ugly. Might have something to do with wins too. But either way, man it turns ugly.

Interested to know if there is a similar point where you play a certain amount of games and it eases up. I definitely didn't get near there. Unbearable considering all the ground work I'd put in, just on this year's game.

I suspect it stays amped up till the bitter end. Sonelka on PESfan is still complaining and I'm not sure of anyone who plays and wins as much as them.

Think it kicks in five or so wins and will last a few games, can still pull a win or two out the bag when everything is going against but it messes with your head and you start wondering maybe I'm not good, maybe need a new manager or maybe some new players etc.

Used to play through the storm and get mad, now I just turn it off and come back another time usually to find my boys are flying again.
RFC41GE
Mascot
Mascot

Postby RFC41GE » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:25 pm

danielrh wrote:

I'm happy with the agent, got Neymar after a few spins and haven't spun again so been using to daily 10k to sort my contracts for the rest of year, sorted :)
RFC41GE
Mascot
Mascot

Postby The PES Casual » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 pm

I suppose I wouldn't object to landing Neymar, lol.

Ach, I dunno, as soon as I go past that 1899 level 3 cap it just becomes the wild west. Matches at level 3 and below are just so much more fun and I find quality of opponent - finding a like minded player - is easier staying 3 and below. Would go as far too say the game online is amazing at that level and below. Had some matches where the pace has become near glacial, but utterly absorbing. Again though, they need to be doing more with the offline side of things. So much potential there.
The PES Casual
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The PES Casual » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:38 pm

RFC41GE wrote:Think it kicks in five or so wins and will last a few games, can still pull a win or two out the bag when everything is going against but it messes with your head and you start wondering maybe I'm not good, maybe need a new manager or maybe some new players etc.

Used to play through the storm and get mad, now I just turn it off and come back another time usually to find my boys are flying again.

I find that a good run can last around 20 matches. When I say good, I mean balanced.

Same as you though in that when I feel the screw turning on me I just do some offline v. COM or intentionally field a near 2 star strength team. That way, if the game does want to do a number on me I am at least levelling up some of my lower rated players.
The PES Casual
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby RFC41GE » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:59 pm

That's the best thing you can do, either turn it off or like you do play vs com or using a team you don't care about losing with.

Ranting and raving on forums does nothing, we're a tiny minority nobody cares about anymore so whats the point.

It is what it is and ain't changing so either try get enjoyment out it or just move on is pretty much all you can do.
RFC41GE
Mascot
Mascot

Postby The PES Casual » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:07 pm

I do appreciate the need for highlighting it, but yeah, agree. I just shift my focus elsewhere be it on a development squad or even just playing matches with either of my alternate formations. My manager is Davide Nicola and is like 5k per renewal if I don't make the extension trigger so no biggie. I ain't much of a rank chaser either and play for the enjoyment of using my team, my players and my tactics. A lot to be said for just having an underdog mentality with these modes.
The PES Casual
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bigol83 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:50 am

One more info about how Konami is trash lately.

Pes 2017 online services are going to stop in May , one year and half after the game release. There are still many playing that game online and they are already telling them to **** off. That's anti-consumer at its worst.

Meanwhile EA still has active servers for Fifa 16...

If Konami is so cheap they can't even afford to keep more than one server for Pes, how can anyone think online is going to better in the future?

I think it's almost certain at this point we are going to have another shitty online,better be prepared, no matter what they will promise pre-release.
bigol83
First Team
First Team

Twitter: @bigol83

Postby Mutuality-WSDEs » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:20 am

bigol83 wrote:One more info about how Konami is trash lately.

Pes 2017 online services are going to stop in May , one year and half after the game release. There are still many playing that game online and they are already telling them to **** off. That's anti-consumer at its worst.

If Konami is so cheap they can't even afford to keep more than one server for Pes, how can anyone think online is going to better in the future?

I think it's almost certain at this point we are going to have another shitty online,better be prepared, no matter what they will promise pre-release.

It's all about the nudge.
Mutuality-WSDEs
Mascot
Mascot

Postby Nik778899 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:29 am

The PES Casual wrote:
RFC41GE wrote:Ranting and raving on forums does nothing, we're a tiny minority nobody cares about anymore so whats the point.

It is what it is and ain't changing so either try get enjoyment out it or just move on is pretty much all you can do.

I do appreciate the need for highlighting it, but yeah, agree.

So we’re all agreeing that providing feedback to Konami is futile, as nothing will change?
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby The PES Casual » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:21 am

No.
The PES Casual
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Philla » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:27 am

Nik778899 wrote:
The PES Casual wrote:
RFC41GE wrote:Ranting and raving on forums does nothing, we're a tiny minority nobody cares about anymore so whats the point.

I do appreciate the need for highlighting it, but yeah, agree.

So we’re all agreeing that providing feedback to Konami is futile, as nothing will change?

Not sure about it. I see traces of feedback implementation in PES2018. Not to the point we got a respectable product in the end, but some (of my) gripes have improved significantly:

1) Inertia is back to a point where constant direction changes with mediocre players don´t get you anywhere.
2) A rudimentary first touch system has been implemented.
3) Finally there is an additional difficulty level.
4) Grass is (mostly) green
5) Overall speed has been reduced.

Taking all this together it made the game somewhat playable to me this year and i think these points belong to the most feedbacked ones. So i take this as an invitation to give as many critical posts as possible to make KONAMI aware they still have a damn long way to go - as they are dumb enough to read the sales charts appearently.
Last edited by Philla on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby Nik778899 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:28 am

The PES Casual wrote:No.

The PES Casual wrote:I do appreciate the need for highlighting it, but yeah, agree.

No?
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby Nik778899 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:31 am

Philla wrote:
Nik778899 wrote:
The PES Casual wrote:I do appreciate the need for highlighting it, but yeah, agree.

Not sure about it. I see traces of feedback implementation in PES2018. Not to the point we got a respectable product in the end, but some (of my) gripes have improved significantly:

1) Inertia is back to a point where constant direction changes with mediocre players don´t get you anywhere.
2) A rudimentary first touch system has been implemented.
3) Finally there is an additional difficulty level.
4) Grass is (mostly) green
5) Overall speed has been reduced.

Taking all this together it made the game somewhat playable to me this year and i think these points belong to the most feedbacked ones. So i take this as an invitation to give as many critical posts as possible to make KONAMI aware they still have a damn long way to go.

Oh no, I absolutely agree that feedback should be given and it’s important that it is. I was simply highlighting the perceived attitude of the previous posts essentially saying there’s no point as nothing will change. Very surprising to hear, considering.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby Philla » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:46 am

It is no secret that a few people in here are very fragile. They need confirmation from outside that they are doing (=playing) the "right thing", so any critic to PES makes them do irrational statements which often lead to orgies of swear words instead of reasonable participation to get a better product in the end.

Bottom line: The community feedback is a huge pain for KONAMI, you see it at various bans at their own social channels for a "rudeness" that never took place. Even more painful is the feedback from community sources they can´t control. I consider this even more effective than filling out sheets etc. It makes them move sooner or later, and as said i already see progress.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby danielrh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:30 am

RFC41GE wrote:
danielrh wrote:

I'm happy with the agent, got Neymar after a few spins and haven't spun again so been using to daily 10k to sort my contracts for the rest of year, sorted :)

had a quick spin before leaving for work .....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Da9otumXUAIK3TL.jpg

danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Postby danielrh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:40 am

Philla wrote:It is no secret that a few people in here are very fragile. They need confirmation from outside that they are doing (=playing) the "right thing", so any critic to PES makes them do irrational statements which often lead to orgies of swear words instead of reasonable participation to get a better product in the end.

Bottom line: The community feedback is a huge pain for KONAMI, you see it at various bans at their own social channels for a "rudeness" that never took place. Even more painful is the feedback from community sources they can´t control. I consider this even more effective than filling out sheets etc. It makes them move sooner or later, and as said i already see progress.

but on this forum you see sarcasm, rudeness and people being plain cheeky, and what happens is their cards get marked because everybody reads these forums (and you don't have to log in to do so).

they only have themselves to blame when nobody takes them seriously

danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Rach08 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:53 am

bigol83 wrote:One more info about how Konami is trash lately.

Sure the current servers for pes 2018 are trash let alone keeping others open! 2018 and there is still lag in games! To be honest its just a lottery whether you get a good connection or not.

2018 and before kick off I'm constantly thinking will this be a good connection or will I have to try playing against lag and button delay! Pathetic
Neil Lennon This is not the end...this is just the beginning

Tommy Burns When you put on the Celtic jersey you’re not playing for a football team, you’re playing for a community and a cause

Xavier Hernández i Creus Celtic, like Barcelona, are more than a football club. Our clubs are a symbol of a culture and community that has not always been made welcome in their respective countries
Rach08
First Team
First Team

Postby Philla » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:53 am

danielrh wrote:
Philla wrote:It is no secret that a few people in here are very fragile. They need confirmation from outside that they are doing (=playing) the "right thing", so any critic to PES makes them do irrational statements which often lead to orgies of swear words instead of reasonable participation to get a better product in the end.

but on this forum you see sarcasm, rudeness and people being plain cheeky, and what happens is their cards get marked because everybody reads these forums (and you don't have to log in to do so).

they only have themselves to blame when nobody takes them seriously

That´s exactly what i am talking about. The boards are completely open to google etc., and the constructive (as well as non-constructive) critic is plain visible.

Speaking of WENB, the critics are largely very solid, complex and well-reasoned. Once you register massive dropdowns in language and content quality, it is coming from PR marketing affiliates or massive fanboys. I never had the impression they care too much about their reputation and are far from blaming theirselves, though.
Last edited by Philla on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philla
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion